Commercial Airline Medical Transportation
Air medical transportation of patients in critical condition who require medical escort and transportation to specialized medical facilities, professional medical support of patients with necessity of medical care and control of vital functions (patients after bypass surgery, patients after heart attacks, myocardial infarction, strokes, severe cranial injuries, patients after surgical treatment etc.).
Air medical transportation and medica escort to assist with necessary medical and nurse care for disable patients with limited physical abilities.
Airline medical transportation is one of the most difficult services of patient’s transportation.
A team of experienced specialists in both medical and organizational fields is needed here. Calculation of the optimal route and time of transportation, detailed study of the patient's medical history for risk assessment, and calculation of possible volumes of necessary medical measures are necessary for success service.
While organize air medical transportation we can choose between: charter flights, regular flights, flights with organization of special stretchers for the patient, special medical air transport (so called air ambulance).
Air medical transportation of a patient must always be accompanied by appropriate medical documentation:
- medical document from hospital where the patient got treatment for correct assessment the patient's condition;
- recommendations for transportation (FTF fit to flight form), to determine/confirm the necessary transportation conditions (stretchers, medications, oxygen any other special medical details and care during flight);
- medical transportation protocol for consistent assessment of the patient's condition;
- consent to transportation, to ensure the legal responsibility of the parties.
First step for safe patient transportation is ambulance assistance on the airport runway to complete the ground stage of evacuation.
Universum Clinic organize turnkey air and ground medical transportation due to:
- acting contracts with companies that provide air ambulance aircrafts and helicopters for rent;
- Universum.Clinic medical team passed special training and certification from the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Ukraine for air medical transportation;
- acting contracts with Ukrainian airports and own ambulances to ensure a full cycle of transportation;
- highly professional doctors and paramedics with international experience of ground and medical transportations.