1. The House Rules of the Medical Center “Universum Clinic” for patients (hereinafter – the Regulations) are the organizational and legal document governing the patient’s conduct during their stay at the Medical Center “Universum Clinic” (hereinafter – the Clinic), as well as other issues arising between the participants of legal relations – the patient (or their authorized representative) and the Clinic – in accordance with applicable medical laws of Ukraine.
2.These Regulations are mandatory for employees and patients, as well as other persons who visit the organization or its structural subdivisions, and have been prepared to assure the patient’s statutory rights, create the most favorable conditions for the provision of timely, adequate and quality medical care.
3. The following is prohibited in the premises of the Clinic and its structural subdivisions:
4. When visiting the Clinic and its structural subdivisions for medical care, the patient is obliged to:
5. In the outpatient departments, patients receive primary medical care and secondary care directly at the Clinic or at home.
6. If the patient needs outpatient care, the patient should contact the Clinic’s call center or the reception to arrange an appointment with a medical officer or a doctor’s home visit. The patient can arrange an appointment with a medical officer both by directly contacting the Clinic’s call center or the reception and via other communication channels (by phone/through applications for messages and calls such as Viber, WhatsApp, Messenger, etc.).
When the patient contacts the Clinic for the first time, the receptionist creates a medical record for the patient in soft and hard copy.
When the patient visits the Clinic for the first time, the patient shall complete a medical questionnaire form, a patient record, an informed consent form for diagnostic and treatment procedures, as well as a written consent form for the processing of personal data. The medical questionnaire form can be downloaded here in advance and brought to the Clinic already completed. If necessary, a contract for the provision of medical services is concluded with the patient.
At the initial visit, the patient shall present their identity document.
7. Information about visiting hours of all medical officers, the rules for arranging doctor’s home visits, the procedure for making an appointment with medical officers, information about the time and place of reception of patients by the chief medical officer can be provided by any reception employee orally or in writing.
8. Based on the results of the preliminary medical examination, the attending physician will issue an appointment card for hospitalization of patients in need of planned or emergency inpatient treatment.
9. The patient should come for his medical appointment on the scheduled day and hour; comply with the therapeutic and safety directions of the attending physician.
10. Violation of these regulations, therapeutic and safety directions, sanitary and epidemiological directives and standards is punishable under appropriate Ukrainian law.
11. If the patient fails to comply with these regulations or the medical directions of the attending physician, the latter is entitled to refuse further patient management provided that this does not threaten the patient’s life and the public health.
12. The attending physician is not responsible for the patient’s health if the patient refuses medical directions or fails to follow the physician’s advice.