Pelvic ultrasound is one of the methods of examining that is protecting women's health. The procedure can be carried out for preventive purposes or to detect various pathological processes. This method allows you to examine the condition of the uterus and its appendages (ovaries, fallopian tubes, cervix). Different types of sensors are used for pelvic ultrasound. This makes it possible to conduct a complex of ultrasound diagnostics, such as:
It is recommended to undergo the procedure annually or if it is prescribed by a doctor.
Indications for Pelvic Ultrasound
The examination is sent in the following cases:
- Annual preventive screening.
- Research of ovulatory reserve for planning future pregnancy and determination of ovulation.
- Monitoring the correctness of the placement of the intrauterine spiral.
- Detection of inflammatory diseases of the reproductive system (endometritis, salpingitis, oophoritis, adnexitis).
- Monitoring the dynamics of various gynecological disorders.
- Search for benign or malignant tumors (ovarian cysts, uterine leiomyomas, adenomyosis, endometriosis, cancer of the endometrium and adjacent tissues).
- Diagnosis of disorders of the normal menstrual cycle.
- Preparation for in vitro fertilization (IVF).
- Establishing the onset of pregnancy, determining the term of embryo development and various anomalies.
- Diagnosis of frozen pregnancy.
- Doppler measurement of uterine vessels.
- Control of the condition of the fetus in different trimesters of pregnancy.
Also, with the help of ultrasound, the doctor can study the location of the placenta and the amount of amniotic fluid, measure the weight of the fetus and determine the date of birth with high accuracy.
Contraindications to Pelvic Ultrasound
These include various skin diseases, SARS or other infectious diseases, as well as the presence of open wounds in the examined area.
The examination is not allowed to be carried out in case of bleeding from the genitourinary system. There are no other contraindications: ultrasound diagnostics is completely safe for men, women and the fetus if it is present.
Preparation for Pelvic Ultrasound
Preparation for ultrasound diagnostics consists of the following stages:
- Maintaining a diet for two days before the procedure.
- Taking of Espumisan for 2-3 days. This allows you to protect yourself from bloating.
- Complete refusal of alcohol and smoking.
- Making of an enema before transrectal diagnostics.
- Drinking water before abdominal examination (approximately 1 liter before the procedure).
If an ultrasound of the uterus is performed, it is recommended not to eat for 3-4 hours before the examination. You should also not eat gas-forming foods: fruits, vegetables, corn, beans, canned food, milk and milk products, black rye bread, etc.
What can be detected during ultrasound examination
This procedure allows you to determine the shape and size of the genitals, the presence of tumors or other neoplasms. Similar diagnostics are also used to determine pregnancy, examine the fetus and identify possible pathologies. Pelvic ultrasound in Kyiv is recommended to be performed every year to detect hidden diseases in the early stages of development. This allows you to significantly reduce risks and get rid of diseases with minimal damage to the body.Часті питання при виконанні ультразвукової діагностики:
Rate the article:
Number of ratings: 4
- With the help of this method, the doctor can determine the shape, position, size of the uterus and its appendages, the location of the fallopian tubes, the presence of fluid in the abdominal cavity or amniotic sac.
- Also, the study allows you to detect inflammatory processes of the pelvic organs and find neoplasms.
- Thanks to ultrasound, it is possible to determinepregnancy and observe the development of the baby in different trimesters of pregnancy.
- During ultrasound diagnostics, the doctor examines the internal female genital organs, bladder and rectum.
- And after performing this examination, he describes everything in his medical report.
- The place where such an examination will be conducted is always covered with disposable diapers.
- We recommend taking wet and dry wipes with you.
- Disposable daily and menstrual pads/tampons may also be needed if you have not yet had your period or bleeding.
- Yes, this examination method is used to diagnose inflammatory processes in the pelvic organs.
- With its help, you can visualize a number of diseases of the uterus and appendages.
- It allows the gynecologist to make an accurate diagnosis, as well as prescribe the necessary treatment for the patient.