Vaccination against flu
The flu vaccine is a vaccine that protects against infection with flu viruses.
Vaccination against flu is recommended annually. Annually schedule has few reasons why new vaccine needed:
- the viral antigen components of vaccine are changing yearly due to virus mutations and predictions about the circulation of the virus type in a certain region on the world;
- immunity after vaccination is not long-lasting, it disappears in a 6-9 months after vaccination.
Why it is better to get vaccinated against the flu than to get sick?
There is a myth that immunity from disease is more stable and natural than immunity from vaccination. There is still a myth that the vaccine contains components that negatively affect the human body health and can cause various diseases and disorders of human health.
In fact, vaccination is almost the only safe and effective way to prevent the disease and significantly (more than 20 times) reduce the complications of disease. Therefore, there is no need to test the strength of the body or expose yourself to danger. Immunity from the vaccine is just as natural for the body and reliable.
There are no hidden or harmful components in the vaccine. Under the WHO umbrella, there is an independent expert center that determines the safety of each vaccine before use.
There are also many research centers of vaccines safety production in different countries. Information is open and transparent. Vaccine manufacturers are only certified international companies whose reputation and activity directly depend on open, transparent and truthful information. Therefore, all legal and registered vaccines in the world are safe for use.
To get relevant protection against flu, you need yearly flu shot.
- The flu virus changes every year. New strains of the virus appear, which may have higher and just another activity than the previous ones. The virus can become more dangerous and cause a severe disease and severe intoxication.
- The influenza virus can cause dangerous complications, such as pneumonia, nervous system disoders, heart disoders, trigger autoimmune diseases. Therefore, prevention is safer than disease
- Influenza is often accompanied by a severe symptoms, the disease itself can last up to 14 days, the rehabilitation period can take up to 20 days. In this way, a person will be forced to fight the disease and its consequences, which are difficult to predict, for a month.
In Ukraine, the flu vaccine is available annually, starting in October. Universum Clinic begins vaccinating clients as soon as the vaccine is available for use.
The optimal time for vaccination is when the vaccine is available in clinic.
You can get vaccinated both before and during an epidemic and pandemic. Immunity begins to form immediately after the flu vaccination and reaches its peak in the 4th week.
Flu vaccines come in 3 or 4 components.
The most common flu vaccines are the following:
- Vaxigrip (Sanofi, France) 3 or 4 components vaccine
- Influvak (Abbot, Netherlands) 3 or 4 components vaccine
- JiSi Flu (Green Cross, South Korea) 3 or 4 components vaccine
All influenza vaccines are inactivated, so they can be combined with any other vaccines in 1 day.
Adults need to get 1 flu shot once a year.
Vaccination at Universum Clinic
Universum Clinic provides influenza vaccination services in Kyiv. It is necessary to get a doctor’s consultation before any vaccination. The cost of vaccination at the Universum Clinic includes a doctor's consultation before the procedure.
- There are no restrictions in respect of food, drinks, procedures and manipulations;
- Additional analyzes are not required;
- If you have now any acute disease or an chronic disease in acute stage, you can be vaccinated the next day after the end of the manifestations;
- IT IS POSSIBLE to combine flu vaccination with other vaccines on the same day, Universum Clinic doctors will select the vaccination schedule you need
- The client fills out consent for vaccination;
- Doctor in Universum Clinic examines the Client, has conversation about medical and health history , measures the body temperature;
- The vaccine is injected into the forearm of the left hand (or the hand on which the person does not sleep);
- The client receives a certificate of vaccination and international passport of vaccinations, which can be obtained at the Universum Clinic after the vaccination.
- there are no lifestyle restrictions
- you can contact others people, maintain your usual lifestyle;
- the injection site can be wetted with water, but preferably not rubbed with a towel or clothes.
- A local reaction after vaccination can be observed in 10% of vaccinations and manifest itself (increase, swelling, redness of the injection site) lasts 1-5 days;
- General reaction like fever, headache, fatigue (tiredrness) consider to be normal reaction during 1-5 days
- In case of fever and temperature over 38*C you can take over-the-counter (OTC) medicine, such as ibuprofen, paracetomol.
- Such a reaction is normal within 1-3 days;
- If you find any other side effects, please contact your doctor or clinic to get doctor's appointment