Dermatology in Kiev
The skin represents the largest organ of the human body. The average adult has 1.75 m2 of skin that contains a variety of adnexal structures, including hair follicles, nails, glands and specialized sensory structures. It is an important sense organ, and controls heat and water loss. Skin reflects the health of the body and acts as a barrier against bacteria and injury. Unfortunately, nearly everyone has some type of skin disease, depending on the age and characteristics of the skin - infants, children, teenagers, adults and the elderly. One in six (15%) of all visits to the family doctor (GP) involves a skin problem. Some people with skin disorders have feelings of stigmatization and rejection in the society and are common in patients with chronic skin diseases: latest figures suggest that 17–32% of patients with psoriasis will report depression, 22% have symptoms of anxiety.
Common skin diseases include:
- Acne and rosacea
- Skin neoplasms (including skin cancer)
- Fungal and bacterial infections
In some cases dermatologist can perform skin surgery to establish a definite diagnosis by biopsy, to remove growths, to prevent or provide early control of disease (f.e. remove skin cancer).
To establish a previous or current diagnosis, doctor may prescribe appropriate diagnostic procedures. Treatment of dermatological diseases includes a wide range of methods, including treatment with topical or systemic drugs, phototherapy and surgical treatment. Dermatologist has an individual approach to each patient considering the peculiarities of the skin, age, the presence of concomitant diseases and more.
Causes of Dermatological Diseases
Problems with the skin occur for various reasons. They bother men and women of all ages - they cause significant physical and psychological discomfort, and lead to a loss in the quality of life. Hereditary predisposition, reduced immunity, violation of personal hygiene rules and other negative factors provokes the development of dermatological ailments:
- chronic foci of infection;
- metabolic disease;
- violations in the work of various organs and systems.
Anxiety symptoms: when dermatologist consultation is required
It is worthwhile to see a dermatologist when you see any pathologies and abnormalities detected by the client. The fact is that minor changes in the condition of the body integument may indicate serious malfunctions in the urinary, hormonal, cardiovascular system, digestive tract, and reproductive organs. Do not hesitate to visit the clinic in the presence of the following suspicious symptoms:
- the appearance of papillomas, warts, moles;
- accelerated growth of nevi (warts), multiple appearance, color change;
- the occurrence of peeling on the skin, cracks, vascular networks;
- the appearance of a rash, spots, purulent vesicles on the skin;
- severe itching with the appearance of a rash and redness at the site of combing;
- hair loss, dandruff, exfoliating crust appeared on the scalp;
- changes in the color of nails, peeling of the nail plates, their deformation;
- excessive functioning of sweat, sebaceous glands, change in the smell of sweat.
What diseases are treated at the UNIVERSUM.CLINIC?
The clinic has all the necessary resources and technical equipment for the treatment of a wide range of skin diseases. If timely start complex therapy, it will be possible to avoid the flow of the disease into a chronic form, to prevent prolonged inflammation and irreversible changes in the body.
UNIVERSUM.CLINIC treats both adults and children from birth.
Applying for a paid appointment with a dermatologist is necessary to eliminate the following diagnoses:
- dermatitis (atopic, allergic, seborrheic);
- dermatoses (eczema, neurodermatitis);
- fungal skin lesions;
- alopecia (hair loss);
- skin neoplasms;
- molluscum contagiosum;
- growth of nevi, multiple appearance of nevi.
During consultation, the dermatologist recommends further investigations to confirm supposed diagnosis. Universum Clinic has all modern and accurate diagnostic equipment, so you can get test results in clinic.
- collection of anamnesis of life and disease;
- visual inspection;
- laboratory and microscopic examination of blood, hair, skin scraping;
- diagnosis of facial skin;
- skin allergy tests.
Comprehensive treatment in a private clinic
Identified diseases can indicate malfunctions in the body, so the treatment plan is often drawn up in close collaboration with endocrinologists, allergologists, oncologists and other narrow-profile medical specialists. Clients are offered a detailed plan of action for their overall health.
Transparency is a key principle of pricing of medical services in UNIVERSUM.CLINIC.