The main task of pediatrics is keeping the child healthy and mood, helping parents in "child science". Specialized physicians help babies realize the natural potential, harmoniously pass all stages of development on the part of life path from birth to adulthood. In addition to scheduled visits to specialists at the private clinic "Universum Clinic", parents can call the child doctor at home for advice, monitoring the condition and prescribe comprehensive therapy.
Pediatrician admission begins with establishing a trusting relationship with a young visitor to the clinic and his parents in Kyiv. Doctors delicately perform the examination, secured the child agreement. To collect anamnesis, conversations are held with both parents and children.
During the consultation, they carefully study the results of the preliminary examinations and prescribe additional diagnostics, if necessary. When the results of the examination and tests are available, the doctor decides whether to make a decision about his own treatment or refer the child to a narrow specialist.
Pediatric diseases reasons
The foundations of the body's health are laid even in the period of prenatal development. Therefore, the mental and physical condition of a woman is very important during pregnancy. The causes of pediatric diseases may also be inherited predispositions to various illnesses, living conditions, birth traumas, intense emotional atmosphere in the family, lack of information from parents about the child features development and other factors. Among them:
- hereditary predisposition (metabolic disorders, allergic reactions and neuropsychiatric disorders);
- cold raw house;
- non-observance of health standards and the daily routine;
- inadequate outdoor living of the child;
- improper nutrition, lack of vitamins and nutrients;
- high training load;
- lack of physical activity;
- badly tuned daily routine;
- illness (e.g. rickets contribute to bronchitis and pneumonia, angina contributes to rheumatism and kidney inflammation);
- stressful family relationships, quarrels with friends.
Symptoms that make it worth seeing a doctor
There are many disturbing bells that should not be ignored. A consultation with a pediatrician is recommended if the following symptoms are detected:
- stomach pain;
- problems with defecation (constipation, diarrhea, discoloration of the stool);
- no appetite, weakness, bad sleep;
- elevated body temperature;
- cough, runny nose;
- bruises, injuries, falls from heights;
- rash on the body;
- color changes in the skin;
- pain in the joints;
- enlarged lymph nodes;
- constant crying, anxiety;
- feed introduction;
What kind of diseases does a pediatrician treat?
Doctors deal with all the illnesses that children may have. It is necessary to make an appointment with a pediatrician for a detailed therapy plan for such diagnoses:
- respiratory diseases;
- infectious diseases;
- developmental disorders;
- endocrinological diseases;
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- parasitic diseases;
- allergic reactions;
- diseases of connective tissue;
- kidney diseases;
- heart diseases;
- to help parents set up a harmonious daily routine;
- to choose the optimal physical activity.
Laboratory and instrumental tests shall be appointed to confirm the diagnosis. The complex of diagnostic measures includes such directions:
- general blood and urine tests;
- biochemical blood tests;
- fecal analysis for worms (parasites);
- allergic tests;
- ultrasound diagnostics, all kinds;
- vision screening;
- meningeal symptom testing;
- AP holter;
- ECG holter;
Additionally, our pediatricians:
- get an immunization on a vaccination calendar;
- suggest additional vaccinations;
- make an individual vaccination schedule;
- prepare the necessary medical documents;
- make out certificates to kindergarten, school, pool (on demand);
- consult on breastfeeding and the introduction of complementary feeding;
- consult on any issues related to the health and development of the child;
- determine the need for additional specialist advice.
Treatment at the Universum Clinic
Based on modern treatment protocols, doctors will prescribe comprehensive evidence-based treatment for children to eliminate identified problems. This includes physiotherapy, taking medications and other complex measures to maintain health.
The cost of medical services provided at Universum Clinic in Kiev is transparent and fixed:
At the clinic pediatricians treat children, help parents raise their daughters and sons healthy by offering effective preventive measures and referring them to highly specialized doctors if necessary. Professionals with expert knowledge have a deep understanding of the kids diseases. Also they have knowledge about the nature of problems with different systems of the child's body. Doctors participate in advanced training courses in Ukraine and abroad, improve their skills in the internal training at the clinic, built by analogy with pediatric hospitals in the United States.