Your frequent requests
Consultation of a GP/family physician
Consultation of a GP/family physician in English
1 000 UAH
Consultation of a General Practioner
Consultation of an General Practioner in English
1 000 UAH
Follow-up consultation of a GP/family physician
Follow-up consultation of a GP/family physician in English
Follow-up consultation of an General Practioner
Follow-up consultation of an General Practioner in English
Online consultation of a GP/family physician in English
Online consultation of a GP/family physician
F. A. Q.
What is the difference between a therapist and a family doctor?
- A therapist is a doctor who treats somatic diseases / internal diseases (only in adult patients and purely for therapeutic nosologies), the patient receives an appointment for examination / treatment and does not return to the doctor until the next episode of the disease. A follow-up visit is possible to correct the treatment. Also therapists do not screen / diagnose / treat pathologies in related specialties (otitis, allergic rhinitis, fundus examination). But the therapist can provide secondary care, monitoring the patient's health in the relevant departments of the hospital (cardiology, gastroenterology, etc.).
- A family doctor is a doctor who can manage patients from 0 to 99+, and “knows” his patients, because he not only guides them by episode of a specific disease, but also engages in educational activities / preventive medicine with the patient (vaccination , check-up, etc.) + conducts screening/diagnosis/treatment of related "narrow" pathologies within its competence.
What diseases are treated by a family doctor?
- A family doctor treats like a pediatrician + (GP) general practitioner + “light illnesses” of fellow narrow specialists.
Who is a (GP) General Practitioner?
- General practitioner is a family doctor (General practice is the name of the specialization that a future family doctor should receive (“General Practice and Family Medicine”). The general practitioner / family doctor provides primary care, care on an outpatient basis or on location of the patient.This specialization involves the provision of advice, diagnosis and treatment of the most common diseases, injuries, poisoning, pathological, physiological (during pregnancy) conditions, preventive measures.
- In practice, this is a doctor with an interdisciplinary approach, that is, he can diagnose / treat diseases related to related specialties and, if necessary, refer him to narrow specialists.